Ronald E. McNair Research Scholars Application
Family and Financial Information
Dependent Student Financial Information
Independent Student Financial Information
STATEMENT OF PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY
The LSU McNair Research Scholars Program is a federally funded TRIO program designed to enhance the educational success of:
Full-time LSU students whose parents do not have four-year college degrees and have a financial need in funding their education (financial need is determined by taxable income and typically aligns with Pell Grant eligibility)
Students who identify with an ethnic heritage typically underrepresented in graduate education
All students are welcome to apply, but selections will consider students who meet either criteria described above.
A student is eligible to participate in a McNair project if the student meets the following criteria:
(1) Is a citizen or national of the United States; or
(2) Is a permanent resident of the United States; or
(3) Is in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and provides evidence from the Immigration and Naturalization Service of his or her intent to become a permanent resident; or
(4) Is a permanent resident of Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, or the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands; or
(5) Is a resident of one of the Freely Associated States.
YEAR OF STUDY
Sophomores and Juniors
GRADE POINT AVERAGE
2.8 or higher
GRADUATE SCHOOL GOALS
The McNair Program is focused on assistance for graduate school preparation in a research related field, therefore potential applicants who are focused on medical school, law school, or other related professional practice field are encouraged to seek out the many other opportunities available to assist in those fields.
If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact Joseph Givens, email@example.com
Please continue to the next page to begin the application.
Do Not Fill This Out